What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Developer, you will design and implement a highly scalable and highly available activation and provisioning application for Verizon Wireless. You will be part of the application that provisions device information onto the Verizon network so that devices have wireless service. This application receives requests consisting of device identifiers plus features and provisions these requests to appropriate network elements using specific formats supported by those network elements.
You will also be part of the team that is engaged in the billing transformation program, which will have major savings high availability and provide business continuity. You will design and develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and will be responsible for working with internal and external IT and network teams and management on delivering large-scale complex projects successfully to production on schedule. You will collaborate with business partners to develop cutting edge solutions and tools to drive agility in creating new customer experience.
* Work with the system architect to analyze and design the products and services in the Wireless business to fulfill the needs of strategic initiatives
* Participate in day to day activities involving requirement gathering, design discussions with lead, development, test support, deployment and production monitoring
* Understand the systems end to end and communicate with external teams including business clients & network partners on various issues and resolutions to provide the best customer experience
* Evaluate how security impacts the design & development process and the end product
* Create approach documents for all the changes that impacts the application
* Develop business rules to address business requirements for provisioning.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with C++ or Java development
* Knowledge of OOPS Concepts like C++ and Java programming language.
* Experience in Oracle database with SQL and Store Procedure.
* Experience handling complete software releases from development, integration, testing, to production.
* Experience with agile development.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Ability to work in large-scale cross-functional projects working with geo-diverse teams.
* Experience developing applications using Camel and Spring.
* Experience in No SQL technology like Cassandra along with other open source RDBMS like PostGres database.
* Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, pipeline as a code to implement CI/CD
* Working Experience with open source messaging services - ex: Active MQ, Rabbit MQ
* Working experience in Cloud platform - ex: AWS
* Experience in implementing critical high-availability applications and experience in Microservices.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.