We are on a mission to fundamentally revolutionize real estate in the customer's favor. We envision an unprecedented and unparalleled experience for homebuyers; through our digital system, customers can go through every phase of the purchase transaction (home search, offer making, getting a mortgage, and closing) in a fast, contiguous, and intuitive manner. Redfin reached the tipping point in this revolution through launching a next generation mortgage service in 2017. We now need you to drive our vision to completion and beyond.
Extreme automation is our mantra. A typical home purchase requires over 30 days to close. Through strategic automation, we aim to transform the entire industry by improving closing times to 7 days. The implications of this improvement are significant to home buyers and sellers alike; consequently, our ambitious goals are met with equally challenging technical problems. You will not only be expected to work on these difficult automation and distributed system problems, but also contribute creatively to how we can delight our customers along the way.
Who You Are
* You rely on feedback and consistent iteration to drive development process improvements, build high quality software services, and world class customer experiences
* You love writing robust code that grows with the business that is both maintainable and well tested.
* You spearhead engineering changes to raise the quality of development across the team and the rest of the engineering organization.
* You are a teacher and a mentor: you have the leadership skills (and patience) to improve the developers around you.
* When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
* More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
* Customer empathy: you are a "voice of the customer" and understand how your projects affect user experience
* Ability to handle ambiguity, drive consensus, communicate well with others, and resolve conflict
* Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a geographically dispersed team
* BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
* 8+ years of experience developing full-stack, customer-facing applications and has built APIs.
* Experience leading technical projects from design to implementation to production
* Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Java, Python, or C#
* Understanding of operating system fundamentals
* Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
* Experience with full-stack web development (your team works with React.js, Apache Solr, Java, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, and more)
* Experience on an agile engineering team with a focus on shipping high quality, performant consumer-facing products
Technologies we use and teach
* Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, our brand new office in Frisco, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building start-ups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
* You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
* You'll see the fruits of your labor released to the web every day and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
* A mission that matters. Homes bought and sold with Redfin as of 2017: 120,000+ & $60 billion in total closed home sales
* A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teaches you how to build successful startups yourself.
* Amazingly smart and fun teammates to work with and learn from day in and day out.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.