Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch - with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We're just getting started with Lumberyard. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry's most respected games, but we are still growing fast and have many positions left to fill. We're looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow's most celebrated games. We're looking for the best people in the industry to join our team of veterans. If you're excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon's ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
As an SDET on Lumberyard's Architecture Team, you will join our team of Principal Engineers in guiding the testability of our code architecture and lead a team of SDETs in building highly visible, robust automation tools and frameworks to tackle hard to solve problems and enable rapid iterative testing across the organization. The SDET III role offers a unique opportunity to develop tools to be used horizontally across a broad number of teams across all components of Lumberyard, and eventually across all of Amazon Game Tech.
As a QA champion on the Architecture team, you will get the opportunity to influence the design of core systems and to own major deliverables at all phases of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. You'll build frameworks that allow the team to write reliable, targeted, and extensible tests to support a fast-growing feature set. Most importantly, you enable good quality engineering practices among the Development team. We need our SDET Architect to be versatile, have deep understanding of automation frameworks, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across all Lumberyard features as we continue to push technology forward.
This role is a highly visible leader with the ability to influence and impact the entire Lumberyard organization. The person will work with our architects to not only design and build the system but provide the governance and guidance to ensure we build it correct and we build it great. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with developers and QA Engineers to enable them to develop automation and Continuous Integration of code, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the Game Engine constantly. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by "that's not how we do things here." You'll have an opportunity to work on a Game Engine that push the boundaries of technology. You'll have a tangible impact on our engine, our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you'll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
In this role, you will:
* Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
* Lead the charge to ensure our architecture is testable, perform-ant, scale-able, and extendable
* Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure.
* Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
* Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
* Build and ensure our code artifactories are building in Continuous Integration (CI) fashion so that we may soon realize our dream of Continuous Delivery (CD)
* Partner with our business drivers to help analyze our current data to build usage models for the future which will become the backbone of our test planning and strategy
* Contribute streamlined automated data for our engineering dashboards to allow our decisions to be data-driven
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.