Are you interested in working on extraordinary technical challenges, applied to the fun world of gaming? Do you want to work with a group of passionate, fun people on unleashing game developers and community creativity?
Xbox Live is the leading gamer network spanning console, PC and mobile games and is central to Microsoft's gaming strategy; its services power the breadth of social gaming experiences with Xbox Live clubs, achievements, leaderboards, community hubs, game hubs, game activity feed, and much more. Xbox Live has an exemplary future as it expands to serve many more scenarios where consumers, and creators build each other.
What you'll need:
* 5+ years in development shipping products and services
* Exemplary technical capability, cross group teamwork and verbal interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and efficiently in a highly motivated team environment
* To be adaptable and love dealing with ambiguity
* At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
* Proven ability to deliver high-quality end-to-end experiences for developers and consumers
* Previous experience shipping mobile or pc apps. C++, iOS, Android, Java, Swift, Objective-C, Typescript, React, React Native, React XP, Electron
* Previous experience shipping large-scale cloud services and developer platforms. C#, .NET/.NET Core, Visual Studio, REST
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer for the Xbox Live team who is creative, highly motivated, independent and innovative. You will need to be passionate about building experiences in the mobile, PC and web space while also building highly reliable, secure and scalable services that enable tens of millions of gamers to play online every day. Our bold charter is to build new, pioneering experiences on mobile, PC and web, and we need you to help us take that next step. You will be defining, prototyping and building new features, products and services. We will bring these innovations everywhere gamers are - PC, mobile, web, Xbox console and beyond.
You are uniquely positioned to deeply impact Xbox Live's future and growth, gamers, and partner teams like Game Pass, Mixer and xCloud reach their goals.
* Help us drive architecture, design, development of Xbox mobile and PC apps, and web experiences.
* Partner with game studios - internally and externally, client and service teams to enable groundbreaking new experiences.
* Collaborate with Xbox Live and partner organizations to support scenarios in gaming, social, security and more in the mobile, PC and web space.
* Work with teams across to experiment their features on the mobile and PC app.
* Self-motivated and comfortable taking care of the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.