Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu is a data-driven company where decision makers are given the power and tools to explore data independently. We believe in empowering our users. The Data Experience (DX) team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who loves data, embraces fun, and thinks deeply about building applications from end-to-end. Hulu has one of the most sizeable and diverse data sets in the world, and it's the responsibility of the DX team to deliver exceptional, highly-impactful applications. You will build a centralized data hub to provide a streamlined experience when Hulugans begin their data journey. The right person for this role has empathy and a passion for customer happiness, strong software development skills, and thrive in an agile and collaborative environment.
What You'll Do
* Work closely with UX creatives, product managers, and engineering leadership to craft world-class, captivating experiences.
* Build and grow dynamic web applications to support the business operations using progressive web technologies.
* Design and deliver APIs and services to effectively access the breadth and depth of the 20+ petabytes of data at Hulu.
* Provide front-line support and periodic monitoring.
What to bring
* 5+ years of professional software development experience in a collaborative team environment.
* You have shown success in building a customer facing API using Node.js, preferably in REST or GraphQL.
* A strong passion for creative, extensible front-end approaches using tools such as React.js, Angular, or Vue.
* Experience provisioning and deploying applications in a cloud environment, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
* Dedicated to learning new things in the world of software engineering, DevOps, CI/CD, best-practices in testing, and agile methodologies.
* Can deftly integrate SQL and relational data models across a multitude of data designs.
* Strong communication and a positive, compassionate attitude toward peers and customers.
* Dedication and drive to explore new technologies.
* Degree in Computer Science or other physical science.
* You have built and delivered data access layers using GraphQL and one or more GraphQL server frameworks.
* Experience with large scale technologies such as Hadoop, BigTable, or Snowflake.
* Working knowledge of Python.
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.