Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
The Advertising Platform team at Hulu's Santa Monica location is looking for a strong Sr. Software Engineer who will help us design and rebuild our next-generation ad serving platform. Hulu runs one of the largest proprietary video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and billions of ads served per month. Our ad server makes thousands of decisions per second to optimize the value of each impression for both our advertisers and our viewers. In addition to the ad server, our advertising platform includes a set of front-end tools where our advertising and other business partners configure rules related to advertiser and content partners. This determines (among other things) where, how many, and what type of advertising to show our viewers. Our systems connect to and interact with a complex network of both internal and external systems including Hulu's consumer-facing applications, 3rd party ad systems, and data and financial systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Design and lead implementation on projects to advance and extend Hulu's existing ad serving platform
* Lead and influence design improvements to improve the interaction between ad serving systems and the rest of Hulu's service and client infrastructure
* Coach and mentor engineers on the team to establish that all software conforms to the highest quality standards
* Identify and drive improvements in engineering best practices to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency
* Work with engineers on teams across the Hulu organization to ensure that advertising works flawlessly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that data and metrics flow smoothly into reporting
* Partner with the Product and Advertising teams to understand their business needs and design unique and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
WHAT TO BRING
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of top-tier software development experience; at least 2 years with backend, service-oriented architecture
* Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
* Fundamental understanding with one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably both relational and non-relational systems
* Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design
* Phenomenal communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
* This is a full-stack position so we are looking for someone who is well versed in building end-to-end solutions (you will be asked to provide example URLs)
* Experience working with a workflow engine. e.g. MuleSoft, Camunda, etc.
* Experience with server-side programming languages (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.