Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Tools and Test Frameworks team has a mission to enable developers to ship code quickly with high quality. Our customers are our engineers, we partner with them to build the infrastructure necessary to develop, test, debug, and ship software on-demand. As a Senior Engineer you'll lead full-stack projects, mentor other engineers, and help build our future strategy.
* Lead complex multi-person technical projects from initial design to launch, identifying pitfalls and coaching colleagues along the way.
* Design and build technical solutions that address complex developer work flows.
* Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards and is easy to maintain.
* Keep up with technology trends in the industry to identify opportunities to apply them to the team or Redfin as a whole
* Better the team by driving efficiency improvements and mentoring teammates to strengthen individual skills
* Curious both about new technologies and existing architectures; knows how to balance the two when evaluating solutions to problems. Contributes to the long-term strategy within their area of expertise, considering technical and product-level concerns.
* Communicates well on technical subjects both online and in person; listens to others, thoughtfully integrates feedback, and disagrees constructively. Mentors engineers and is sought out by others for technical and/or career guidance.
* Develop tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Full-stack experience: 5+ years of experience as a software developer, working on both front and back-end features. Java, Postgres, and React experience a plus.
* A proven track record: you've driven several complex multi-person projects to completion and can speak to the results
* Architecture instincts: you know when to use pre-built technologies from proven companies and know when it's time to build a tailored solution from the ground up
* Mentorship: you have the leadership skills (and the patience) to grow the developers around you.
* You are customer focused and pay great attention to detail. You are aware of how your decisions impact the team, other developers, and customers.
* The ability to deal with a fast paced, ambiguous environment and communicate well with partner teams.
* Experience with AWS services and Linux environments.
* Effective written and verbal technical communication: you can collaborate across distances, and when you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas
* A mission that matters. Homes bought and sold with Redfin as of 2017: 120,000+ & $60 billion in total closed home sales * A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself.
* Amazingly smart and fun teammates to work with and learn from day in and day out.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.