Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
As a Senior Software Developer on the Buyer's Agent Experience team, you'll join a passionate team, with tons of personality, working to build tools that make Redfin's lead agents the best agents in the industry. Our focus is two-fold: We build software that help our agents be hyper-efficient, while also giving them tools that allow them to deeply understand their customers and provide fantastic service. We focus primarily on the home purchase side of the Real Estate industry.
Though this is a full-stack role with plenty of back-end work, we're looking for someone with a passion and expertise around building front-end experiences. Mentoring and growing developers is also an emphasis for this particular role.
* Lead complex multi-person technical projects from initial design to national launch, identifying pitfalls and coaching colleagues along the way
* Design and build technical solutions that address complex home buying challenges across 80+ Redfin markets, allowing customers to purchase homes with better service, more confidence, and more affordably.
* Keep up with technology trends in the industry to identify opportunities to apply them to the team or Redfin as a whole
* Better those around you by driving team efficiency improvements, mentoring teammates to strengthen individual skills and share your learning for building simple and effective user interfaces and API's
* Help drive our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Full-stack experience: 5+ years of experience as a software developer, working on both front and back-end features. Java, Postgres, and React experience a plus.
* A proven track record: you've driven several complex multi-person projects to completion and can speak to the results.
* Architecture instincts: you know when to use pre-built technologies from proven companies like Google and Facebook, and when it's time to build a tailored solution from the ground up.
* Mentorship: you have the leadership skills and the patience to thoughtfully grow the developers around you
* Effective technical communication: when you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
* Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, an office in downtown Seattle close to all the action, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
* You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
* You'll see the fruits of your labor shipped every day and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.