In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir).
This position is located in the BOULDER/ BROOMFIELD area- The Senior Software Developer reports to the Team Lead of the InsightEarth (seismic interpretation and well path planning) Development Team. InsightEarth is a software package containing advanced tools for 3D seismic interpretation, well path planning and 3D visualization. The successful candidate will participate in creating new, and improving existing seismic interpretation and well path planning processes, visualization and user interaction. The Sr. Software Engineer will be an integral part of the team's Agile development cycle
* How smoothly the Sr. Software Engineer adapts to and works in the Agile Team.
* Working efficiently with other developers, testers and the Product Development Manager.
* Efficiently developing high quality, easy to use, supportable code for the commercial InsightEarth product.
* Ability to learn independently and adapt to changing technology.
The goals above are achieved in a team with a passion for geophysics, algorithmic and application development.
Key Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer include:
* Developing new software to solve problems in seismic interpretation and well path planning.
* Work with stakeholders to convert product requirements to efficient and reliable software.
* Learn code style and coding practices consistent with existing code base.
* Work effectively as part of an Agile team.
* Participate in code reviews and functional testing as needed.
May occasionally require visits to conferences.
Required Education & Experience
* 10+ years of suitable experience as a Senior Software Engineer
* BS, MS or PhD in computer science, geophysics, mathematics, electrical engineering or a related field.
* Experience in developing software to run cross-platform on both Windows and Linux systems.
* Experience working with integrated teams, sharing best practices and knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills in English are essential.
* Experience with C++, Java
* Experience in at least one of geology, geophysics, seismic interpretation, well path planning software development
* Experience with Agile software development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.