Mercury General Corporation
* As a Senior Software Developer Analyst (Big Data Analyst)t - Big data, you are responsible for designing, developing and implementing solutions on Hadoop platform for Enterprise data warehouse.
* Additionally, you are responsible for researching new emerging Big data technologies including AWS cloud technologies, assisting in defining best practices, defining standards, developing code libraries and Proof of Concepts. Preparing Detailed Specifications or Design, Code/configure, unit test, review code, debug, document, and maintain complex software applications.
* The Senior SDA will primarily work as part of a collaborative team in a matrixed organization structure at Mercury facilities, utilizing company-issued equipment. Operates under general supervision, adhering to Mercury standards, processes and methodologies.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist in Estimating, Planning and Tracking Development Tasks.
* Research, Design and Prepare Detailed Functional Specifications.
* Responsible to Code/Configure and unit test functionality as per detailed functional specifications as per established Standards. Develop Reusable Code Libraries, Develop Proof of Concepts.
* Review Code for Quality and Adherence to Standards.
* Debug Reported Production Issues and Implement identified Fixes.
* Provide 24x7 production support.
* Other functions that may be assigned.
* Four (4) year College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields with specific emphasis on database design, object oriented programming concepts, software design and development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A minimum of 5 years Experience related to Software Development.
* Must have at least 3 year experience in Java programming, Hadoop technologies including Spark/Map Reduce
* Must have at least 3 year experience in MPP platforms such as Netezza, AWS Redshift etc
* Must have at least 2 year experience in designing software and preparing detailed Functional Specifications
* Must have at least 1 year experience in Estimating, Planning and Tracking Development Tasks.
* Must have 2 year experience in providing Production Support.
About Mercury General Corporation
Mercury General Corporation is the insurance organization, engaging in personal, automobile, homeowners, renters and business insurance.