Senior Application Developer, Next-Gen IT Service Management
Come join the dynamic IT Service Management team and lead Next-Gen Digital ITSM! As a Senior Software Developer, you will help define and shape the ITSM platform, and be a part of our cloud and API strategy to enable integration and digital transformation.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer who excels when the stakes are high. Are you a creative problem solver? Are you a design thinker? Do you want to deliver solutions that automate and innovate service management and delivery? Do you understand digital transformation and how service providers and brokers play a part in digital transformation? Is your passion building services in the cloud and applying ITSM disciplines to create innovation solutions?
As a Senior Software Developer, you will help define and shape the ITSM platform, and be a part of our cloud and API strategy to enable integration and digital transformation.
You should have a proven track record of shipping web applications or scalable service products, as well as a keen eye for technical innovation opportunities. You will have a history of development accomplishments and a strong passion for solving customer pain points. You should be eager to define and deliver the future of connected service delivery.
The Senior Software Developer role is a mix of Systems Analysts and Development. The position requires a good balance of research, coding, process and solution design, and the ability to run with a wide range of problems and present solutions to customers.
This individual, working under general supervision as an individual contributor, will be expected to partner with others in estimating development efforts based on high level requirements; and work effectively with business and technical subject matter experts, other developers, systems analysts, quality assurance analysts and third party vendors ensuring that deliverables are met.
You possess subject matter expertise and self-awareness that is noticeable. You lead by doing and can also collaborate within Symetra or beyond to deliver amazing results. You manage your own time and always do the right things while being aligned to our strategic initiatives.
* Identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them
* Be agile, quick and adaptable
* Provides day to day production support. Perform urgent problem resolution, including on call support.
* Analyze functional application design and develop/test detailed programs for complex components. Participate in requirements definition, design walkthroughs, and code reviews.
* Design and document system integration/configuration as required. Plan and coordinate movement of code between various technical environments, and participate in large system implementations. Accurately estimate and deliver assigned tasks.
* Good at research
* Good communication skills
* Good collaborator with other technical developers
* Ability to work directly with stakeholders
* Ability to drive toward solution design and architect of platform
* 5+ years developer experience solving complex problems
* 1-2 years experience with ServiceNow development
* Strong knowledge of the ServiceNow platform capabilities and functionality
* Experience with REST/SOAP API's
* Experience with PowerShell
* Some knowledge of relational databases
* Object oriented programming principles
* Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
* Client side frameworks desired (Angular JS, React, etc.)
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision under deadlines
* Ability to define technical solutions which solve business problems at an architectural and design level of detail
* Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate the value of proposed solutions
* Basic understanding or IT network, storage and databases
* Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members
* Experience with DevOps and ADO a strong plus
More on Symetra....
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
To learn more about working at Symetra, visit our website: www.symetra.com/careers