Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Summary of Duties:
Direct, prepare, design, code, test, debug, and maintain complex computer programs. Formulate and define system scope and objectives. Work with users to support business applications, and investigates operational problems/system requirements. Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Provide coaching, guidance, and training to less-experienced analysts and
programmers. Develop and maintain database extracts. Transform and load processes in C# and SSIS. Refine business requirements from which programs will be written.
An Associates's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or Physics, or a related field of study (or foreign equivalent degree) and five (5) or more years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation. Position also requires demonstrated experience with the following:
* Software development in C# and the .NET frameworks 3.5 or beyond
* Windows application development in Windows Forms and WPF
* Web development experience, including ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, HTML, XML, JSON
* Experience coding Single Page Applications using Angular 1 and 5 and React JS
* Relational database experience including Microsoft SQL Server
* Linq, Entity Framework, WCF, and Web API
* Development of Intranets using Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, or 2013
* Automated unit testing and test-assisted development
* Agile software development methodologies.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.