As a Senior Software Engineer on the Pipelines team, you will be a technical lead on industry leading continuous delivery tools. The Pipelines product is mature, sophisticated, and only available to Amazonians that need cutting edge continuous delivery features. As a Senior Software Engineer you will solve complex architecture and business problems. You will work on team architecture and code that impacts dependencies, yields significant performance, availability, and business value. You will lead projects to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices on your team and you will make technical trade-offs between short term team needs and long term business needs.
The Developer Tools team at Amazon is responsible for both internal and external (AWS) developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems. We own several dozen of the mission-critical internal systems that make Amazon run. We also own the external AWS developer experience. We are empowering AWS customers to build and operate software just like Amazon does. CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and Cloud9 are the beginning of a suite of tools that will put the power of Amazon's homegrown tools in the hands of our customers. With thousands of internal and external developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet.
What you do:
* You are considered a technical leader on your team.
* When given a business problem, you create a technical strategy and deliver with limited guidance.
* You influence your team's software architecture and likely influence related teams architecture too.
* You solve difficult or complex architecture and business problems. Your solutions are extensible. You work to simplify, optimize, and remove bottlenecks.
* You focus on architecture. Your design and code impact dependencies, yields significant performance, availability, and business value.
* You successfully launch software for the business and resolve architectural deficiencies.
* You lead projects to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices on your team.
* You will know your team's architecture in detail and make technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.