This role will provide technical leadership, oversight on design, and development guidance for our Container Security product. The role will provide architectural expertise to other development teams as needed around current implementations and cloud native technologies, research and recommend ways to improve scalability and efficiency of existing cloud-based services, design highly-reliable, auto-healing microservices to support customer container security demands, and will develop and maintain a cost model for production and on-premise deployments, look for cost optimization opportunities, budgets, alerts etc. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to mentor and help developers and operations teams to everyone's benefit.
The senior software architect will have a significant effect on Container Security Engineering at Qualys; You will evangelize and realize the deployment of applications with reusable components, design patterns, or frameworks that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different functions.
Technologies currently in use by the Container Security team include:
* C, C++, Golang, Java, and x86 assembly languages
* Popular container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
* CI/CD platforms such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible
* Public cloud services such as EC2, EKS, ELB, RDS, S3, Azure AKS, ACI, Docker Hub etc.
* Popular datastores including Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Postgres and Oracle
* High-volume messaging - Kafka and stream processing
* XML, REST, JSON, YAML schema structures
Skills & Qualifications:
* BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related degree
* 10+ years of experience with software engineering projects
* 5+ years of experience with designing service oriented and micro-services based application architecture and development practices such as Continuous integration, Continuous deployment
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and running AWS Production environments across multiple AZ's, multiple geographies, IAM roles, Route53, ELB's, VPC peering etc.
* Strong understanding of Linux systems, networking concepts, application troubleshooting
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive
* Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions
* Influential, and enthusiastic communicator
* Adaptable, embraces change
* Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization
* Customer service minded
* Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented