Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Emeryville|US - California - Remote / Field
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
* Stockroom / POU (Point of Use) management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
* Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
* Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, adjust reorder points as needed, and other functions according to customer requirements.
* Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
* Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
* Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
* Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
* Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
* Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
* Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
* Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
* Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
* Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
* Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
* Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
* Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
* Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
Possess a minimum High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
* 1-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
* Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
* Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
* Proven excellence in customer service skills
* Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
* Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
* Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
* Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.