Mimecast is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Web Security team (Public Sector Program*). The successful candidate will be passionate about solving complex technical problems, have exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills and a desire to improve system and process within engineering. You will tackle a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of servers in multiple geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of the Web Security platform.
* Ensure that the Web Security platform meets all SLAs at all times.
* Monitor the system for defects and bottlenecks & work with development to solve issues
* Participate in design discussions
* Automate everyday tasks by providing scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions
* Research and assess the suitability of new technologies
* Work with developers on performance analysis and capacity planning
* In depth expertise in Linux internals and system administration including configuration and troubleshooting
* Understanding of DNS, HTTP & HTTPS protocols
* Understanding of SSL & Public Key Infrastructure
* Hands on experience in configuration management systems eg. Puppet, Ansible, MCollective, Salt
* Experience with performance tuning of the Linux OS and Java
* Experience in software development in at least one of: Ruby, Perl, Python
* Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools
* Ability to design and implement small to moderate sized tools
* Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as statsd, Graphite and Nagios
* Strong scripting skills
* Administering Java applications (tuning, GC, memory)
* Experience with application containerization technologies, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience in working with large scale software deployments
* Experience of SSL traffic interception and HTTP proxying
* Work at our fantastic new headquarters building in Lexington.
* An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
* Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
* Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
* Due to the nature of this role's responsibilities, you must be a U.S. citizen in order to be considered a candidate.