Job Summary and Mission
If you've got what it takes to help transform one of the most iconic brands in the world into a lean, efficient and highly automated platform, we'd like to talk to you.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for building the MyDaily infrastructure on Cloud, evangelize DevOps practices, enhancing our CI/CD process and support tooling solutions.
This role requires your A-Game: deep technical proficiency in both enterprise-scale systems as well as next gen cloud native applications are required.
Summary of Key responsibilities:
* Build and enhance our Cloud Infrastructure leveraging Terraform
* Enhance CI/CD
* Be an evangelist for DevOps practices
* Provide technical guidance and training to junior team members
* Participate in On-Call production support (Incident response)
* Participate in post incident Root Cause Analysis
* Support Software Releases (CI/CD pipeline support, infrastructure, automation, process improvement.)
* Vulnerability Management (Patching systems and implementing security controls in compliance with Starbucks Global Security)
* Automate repetitive tasks (Eliminate toil)
* Seek opportunities and implement solutions to improve site reliability (reducing Mean Time to Diagnosis, Mean Time to Resolution, System Self-healing, etc.)
* Create and maintain systems and infrastructure documentation
* Plan and execute on prioritized project tasks
* Be a team player
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Experience:
* Coding and Operations experience (5 years combined)
* Designing, supporting and deploying Internet-based products or services (5 years)
* Operating complex, large-scale Enterprise guest-facing Applications or web sites (4 years)
* Deploying containerized workloads into public cloud such as Azure, AWS, GCP (3 years)
* Writing and maintaining Configuration as Code such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack,. (4 years)
* Worked in an environment that implemented Agile or LEAN principals (2 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Infrastructure as Code using ARM and TerraForm
* Experience using Azure CLI
* Scripting: Python, PowerShell, bash
* Containerization of applications (using Docker Swarm / Kubernetes)
* Hands on experience working on Jenkins or equivalent modern CI/CD platforms
* Linux and Windows administration
* Monitoring using Splunk, Log Analytics, App Insights, Datadog
* Configuration management using Ansible or chef or puppet
* Familiarity with:
o DNS & Networking configuration
o SSL certificate management
o HTTP/s and REST protocol knowledge
o SCM like Git
o Patching Linux and Windows VM
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.