Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We're transforming the way people work with technology. Staffing firms and organizations can optimize and redeploy their workforce while empowering workers with opportunities that fit their unique schedules and skill sets. This means you can be more focused on elevating the human interactions rather than the administrative tasks it takes to place a worker on assignment.
Your job is to empower our agile development team to release scalable, performant, supportable product capabilities into production at a high velocity. You'll help develop and maintain the build pipelines, patterns, practices, and support the core infrastructure.
Day-to- Day Responsibilities
Teamwork: The SRE is often the first point of contact for questions about troubleshooting, performance, security, and deployments. Being a strong team member and communicator is a daily requirement. Helping developers become as self-sufficient as possible is a priority.
Security: You'll be responsible for managing access control policies for all our resources, ensuring, daily, that we stay secure and exceed industry standards.
Deployment: We deploy continuously. You'll be responsible for ensuring this process is reliable and safe. We are a microservice architecture which means new services roll out regularly.
Development: We use CloudFormation and Terraform to manage our cloud resources. You'll be responsible for updating and maintaining the underlying infrastructure, as well as contributing to our roadmap and system architecture choices.
* 2+ year of administering, deploying, and monitoring a large-scale SaaS-based production environment on a cloud-hosting provider (AWS preferred)
* Building infrastructure and application deployment pipelines for a microservice architecture (e.g. using CloudFormation, Terraform, Shippable, CodeDeploy/CodePipeline, Chef, etc.)
* Experience working with QA
* 3+ years of experience with Linux systems administration
* Balancing infrastructure, operational, and security concerns while enabling high-velocity self-service product agile teams
* Experience working as part of an agile iterative development process
* AWS Solutions Architect certified
* Experience using SRE techniques to establish patterns for reliability
* Experience implementing and certifying for advanced security and controls standards, such as SOC 2, SOX, GDPR, or PCI DSS
* Experience migrating infrastructure and systems to the cloud
Tech we use:
* Development: Lambda (Python 3), DynamoDB, RDS (PostgreSQL), AWS Elasticsearch, SNS, SQS, S3, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudFormation, Serverless
* Monitoring and infrastructure: CloudWatch, Route53, AWS Networking (VPCs and NAT Gateways)
* Deployment: Shippable, Terraform
* Data Engineering: Athena, Snowflake, Quicksight, AWS Glue
* Legacy System: Fargate, Docker, Gunicorn, Nginx, CloudAMQP (with Celery), MongoDB Atlas, ElasticCache, RDS (PostgreSQL)
* HRA - Health Reimbursement Account
* HSA - set up a Health Savings Account
* 90% Dental Coverage
* 100% Vision Care Coverage
* Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Parking and Transportation Spending Account
* 401(K) Retirement Plan
Shiftgig is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Connecting service industry people with funny and informative content, jobs, and each other.