At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
We are seeking Site Reliability Engineers with independent problem-solving skills and a high level of technical curiosity. Our technical challenges are unique; you will need to be comfortable working in uncharted territory. The successful candidate will help grow Dragon Medical One's global international footprint.
* Must be US Citizen to have extensive background check for Secret Clearance for the DoD
* Ensuring high availability across all backing services with well exercised disaster recovery plans.• Support Engineers in building next generation healthcare applications on the public cloud.• Automate anything and everything using modern software development methodologies, such as test-driven development.
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with development engineering and other functions.• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Engineering, QA, release management, network operations, product management, professional services, etc.).• Strong organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to drive the day-to-day activities of internal resources.• Provide technical excellence and mentor team members.• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.• Balancing security and usability with novel approaches to isolation and access.• Strong coding skills in Python, Go, C#, Powershell.• Strong experience and understanding of source control tools such as Git.• Strong general Linux and Windows experience.• Strong understanding of cloud concepts and Infrastructure as Code.• Minimum of 1 year experience using a configuration management tool such as SaltStack, Chef.• Minimum of 1 year experience in a Site Reliability role.• Minimum of 1 year experience with public cloud technologies.• Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies. • Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities. • Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. • Knowledge of Internet technologies (DNS, HTTP, streaming, web servers, etc.).• Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems. • Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions. • Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins, VSTS Azure DevOps.
* Experience using Microsoft Azure, Azure ARM Templating, VSTS, Azure SQL, SaltStack.• Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions.• Experience with immutable infrastructure• Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
Education: Master's Degree
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.