We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our Site Reliability team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal Platform as a Service which hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We're currently using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, and Spinnaker, but we're also interested in your experience and suggestions.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help us continue to scale and support our growing infrastructure.
In this position, you will work DevOps, Engineering Productivity and other engineering teams, providing experience and knowledge to support deployments and architecture.
If you're interested in trying to make robot cars capable of driving themselves in metropolitan areas, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Build systems that scale to manage hundreds of petabytes of data across multiple physical locations
* Support our CI & Simulation infrastructure running on AWS GPU instances
* Manage our on-premise and cloud Kubernetes clusters to support growing workloads
* Design and implement best practices for security, monitoring, and logging systems
* Set the technical direction for our infrastructure team
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 5+ Years of experience
* Experience managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software
* Experience writing production software using Go, Python, C++, or similar languages
* Ability to manage competing priorities, focus on shipping, and work well under pressure
* Experience with AWS, or other cloud infrastructure providers
* Experience managing physical compute, storage, and networking hardware
* Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.