Are you a seasoned, passionate DevOps professional who is ready for your next startup adventure? Do you know AWS like the back of your hand? Does the excitement of building resilient systems get you up in the morning? If so, you might be a fit for Tendril. We're a growing, dynamic energy analytics and intelligence company based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado looking for a DevOps leader with deep and broad experience who can help us continue our transformation to a distributed DevOps culture, take our SRE practice to the next level, and spearhead our ongoing commitment to use best-in-class AWS technologies as a business accelerant.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help us improve and advocate for the quality of our engineering and operational environments. As a member of the engineering team, you will be the subject matter expert and authority for the company on keeping our services fast, highly-available, easily
deployable, well-monitored, and growing worldwide. You will also be a critical part in building and scaling our internal toolset to keep our engineering community moving quickly and safely as they build our software products.
Our Tech Stack
* 100% AWS Hosted (EC2, Kinesis, SNS/SQS, Lambda, Etc.)
* Infrastructure Automation
* RDS, Redshift, and DynamoDB data stores
* Datadog Metrics/Logging, NewRelic APM, PagerDuty alerting
* Early-stage CI/CD with GitHub, Cloudbees, and AWS Tools
What You Get to Do
In this key role, you will lead us in best practices around deployment and operation of our systems,instrumenting key parts of the architecture, and guiding other engineers to do the same. You must becomfortable with software development, systems configuration, and defining infrastructure-as-code. You will contribute to and influence the architecture of our systems to ensure the application and deployment
processes are aligned to provide a highly available, scalable, healthy system.
Responsibilities will include:
* Working to design, build, and maintain critical systems.
* Improving upon our existing tools and processes to enable a self-service platform.
* Monitoring site stability, performance, and security.
* Driving the effort to create and improve automation for testing.
* Improving deployment, scalability, and management of our services.
* Championing the implementation of processes to improve visibility across the entire technology stack.
* Documenting system design and procedures.
What You Bring to Tendril:
* A drive to collaborate with other engineers to develop and communicate software development processes that continuously improve the ease of development and quality of our products.
* Architect level expertise with AWS services.
* A principled approach to building software and internal tooling that balances creative disruption and pragmatism.
* A holistic understanding of high-volume REST-style API traffic flows and the ability to diagnose and resolve issues as they occur at all levels of an application stack.
* In-depth experience with running and troubleshooting Linux and Docker in a production environment.
* Production experience with container orchestration (Mesos, Kubernetes, ECS).
* Command of object-oriented and functional programming principles in languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Scala.
* NoSQL and Relational database experience.
* Understanding of fundamental technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS.
* Production level experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
* Experience implementing test automation and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
* Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
* Intellectual curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends.
* Experience with Chaos Engineering techniques and tools
* Strong understanding of SRE concepts such as Error Budgets, SLOs, Toil, etc…
What Make Working at Tendril Amazing:
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a mission to help the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers.
We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
* Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
* An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
* A generous 401(k) plan;
* A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
* An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.