Senior Site Reliability Engineer
You will have -
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or relevant Technical Major 7+ years of experience in IT operations/Site Reliability Engineering/Systems engineering
You will definitely possess these technical skills -
* Broad experience in troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems covering application, OS, networking and storage areas.
* Excellent understanding of architectural patterns, application and system design.
* In-depth knowledge of various technologies including J2EE and Distributed systems.
* Working experience in Linux based production environments and strong knowledge in its fundamentals and internals - filesystems, memory management, threads and processes etc.
* Strong understanding of networking protocols, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers and load balancing.
* Experience with system monitoring and alerting for availability, reliability and performance.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to solve operational related challenges through automation.
Nice for you to have -
Experience with an IT or SaaS environment
Have experience in both systems and software development
Working knowledge in DevOps Culture
Good programming skills in one of the languages - Java, Shell scripting, Python or Perl.
Experience working in databases like Oracle and Mongo.
Bird's eye view of your role - Envesent Yodlee, with its rapidly growing customer and user base, is looking for a skilled, motivated, and innovative Site Reliability Engineer/Operations Engineer who will part of Site Reliability team (SRE) in Redwood Shores, California. This role spans from troubleshooting complex production issues to developing reliable application/systems and working through our company mission in helping design and build fault-tolerant, financial platform and infrastructure.
You will be part of one of the top technical teams within Yodlee who are strongly focused on problem management and keen in solving operational challenges through innovative solutions. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in fast growing SRE team, while furthering your skills in cloud infrastructure and global operation functions at Yodlee.
What will you bring - You are a self-starter, able to work independently, work cross-functionally and closely with engineering, operational, and engineering peers to develop innovative technical tools and solutions. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss! Great team, great company, and a great place to learn and grow.
What competencies will you have - Commitment to quality, Experience working with Engineering and Product, relationship management, superb communication skills, team mentality, responsiveness and a sense of humor!
How will be your performance objectives -
* Perform deep dive analysis in production issues - both system and application issues; partner with cross-functional team to develop and roll out fixes.
* Identify recurring patterns of reliability and performance issues and provide proactive tuning recommendations for fixing them.
* Contribute to architecture design reviews to improve scalability, reliability, capacity and performance.
* Drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services in conjunction with engineers throughout the organization.
* Provide continuous feedback to Service Operations & Engineering team on best practices - everything from application development, monitoring to troubleshooting complex code issues.
* Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services.
* Participate in code reviews for projects built on open source libraries and running on both physical and virtualized platforms.
* Represent the operation's organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
How will your lofty goals be translated into specific actions / short term goals -
* Within first 30 days, you will quickly get familiarized with architecture, systems and current process and tools.
* By the end of the first quarter, you should be able to Contribute to all the SRE activities and at least take initiatives and achieve results for top 2 goals that have been agreed with the managers
* By the end of first six months, you would have successfully and independently handle all SRE activities, show results on how your contribution has minimized production issue troubleshooting and made impact to overall SRE deliverables.
What's in it for you? (EVP - Employee Value Proposition) -
* Learn, explore and contribute towards technologies, organization and self-growth by working with technology experts and architects within the organization.
* Participate, grow and influence design and decisions on various products across the organizations.
* Work on new technologies and develop problem-solving strategies in application reliability.
* Become a subject matter expert in Yodlee application and products.
* Be a member of a leading fintech company, innovators in personal finance management and aggregation space and products innovation company.
* Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups.
* Earn a competitive compensation package with unique benefits and facilities.