Pony.ai, a unicorn start-up, is in the forefront of autonomous ride-sharing technology. Our team is built upon years of experience in computer vision, robotics, strong software and hardware design, and vehicle engineering. At Pony.ai, excellence is a core value of the company and every detail counts as we work to deliver a safe, reliable, and cost-effective autonomous driving platform to the public. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in developing and deploying state-of-the art vehicle technology. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop as our company grows. Join us on this exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of transportation.
As a signal processing engineer you will contribute to the development of low-level algorithms for automotive 3D sensing applications, such as parameter detection, estimation, interference mitigation, etc. You have a strong background in Physics-based system-level modeling of optical sensors (especially, lidars), are familiar with the design of experiments (DOE), have a passion for test and evaluation of emerging automotive sensing technologies, and are able to work cross-functionally across hardware and software teams.
* MS or PhD in EE, Physics, Photonics
* Familiar with (automotive) lidar systems design/modeling, including FMCW and AMCW, as well as phased-arrays (and MIMO techniques)
* Strong background in digital signal processing/machine learning, particularly for detection and estimation. Computational complexity versus performance trade-off analysis for different families of algorithms and optimization for fixed-point implementation
* In-depth knowledge of statistical signal modeling, time series analysis, phase noise, optical and/or RF signal modeling
* Strong Python programming skills, C/C++ a plus
* Strong team player, passionate about autonomous vehicles, independent, and driven personality.
Pony.ai creates artificial intelligence solutions for autonomous driving.