At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Senior Security Engineer, Managed Services will be responsible for creation of procedures, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments. Experience and knowledge of SIEM or Situational Awareness are essential. The Security Engineer will work closely with Management, Senior Engineers, Threat Analysts, Solution Architects, other Security Engineers and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients. Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues and tracking through resolution.
How you'll make an impact:
* Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate SIEM Engineer & SIEM Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
* Assist with client transition and onboarding serve as the primary point of contact for Managed Security Service clients.
* This will require documentation of Account Governance processes and responsibility for report generation and notification to senior leadership about potential client Service Level Agreement (SLA) issues.
* Explain and demonstrate how to use Splunk SIEM and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
* Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with the implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
* Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
* Develop and deploy Splunk SIEM content and reporting.
* Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
* Perform knowledge transfers and train clients regarding security and system configuration
* 5+ years professional experience supporting and maintaining SIEM systems.
* 2-3 years professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
* Splunk Enterprise Security experience, including administration, and integration with backend systems.
* Experience with creation of Splunk data models.
* Ability to verbally communicate intent and logic of SPL queries.
* Experience with mapping security use cases to SPL.
* Experience with advanced tuning of SIEM content.
* College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or client network environment.
* Information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products (i.e. McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator, Virus Scan, Anti-Spyware, Host Data Loss Protection, Endpoint Encryption, etc.) Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), Firewall, Web Proxy, E-Mail and Web Gateway etc. to include: Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva etc.
* Understanding of network operations a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network engineering or network security analysis.
* Experience with SIEM content creation and reporting.
* Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
* Superior IT problem-solving skills.
* Experience with Linux OS.
* Strong technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to nontechnical teams
* Experience working with clients in a service delivery function.
* Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide after-hours support when needed
* Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
* Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Service Now, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
* General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
* Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
* An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
* Experience with various SIEM security products such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, LogRhythm and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
* Hold Splunk Certifications: Splunk Certified Enterprise Security Admin and Splunk Certified Architect
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Optiv Inc
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.