Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Join the team that owns wireless network infrastructure for Microsoft globally and end-to-end. Grow your knowledge and understanding of wireless and your career!
This is a defining role that executes hardware, software and feature validation and certification, conducts pilots, develops standards, oversees and manages deployments, provides consulting and guidance to other teams, including Product Groups, proactively manages the wireless network and is accountable and responsible for responding to network events.
This position requires an individual with initiative, drive and partnering skills. Technical excellence, attention to detail and passion for quality are required to ensure the team provides high quality and reliable network services.
* A minimum of 5 years of related service engineering experience is required
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a large network environment
* Capable of developing strategy and roadmaps for network infrastructure technologies and evangelizing them to the business
* Capable of developing processes and engineering practices for network infrastructure technologies and evangelizing them to the business
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
* Engineering experience in wireless network technologies is preferred, including design, deployment, troubleshooting,
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field preferred
Basic Skills Desired:
* Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to represent technical concepts and issues.
Keywords: CCE, CPE, #CSEO
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Senior Service Engineer should have the skills necessary to perform and participate in the following:
* Leverage technical skills, engineering rigor, existing artifacts and the knowledge of the team to create standards, designs, deployments and plans for responding to incidents.
* Work with architects and vendors to evaluate technologies and assess how they would benefit the Microsoft network and its users
* Consult with customers and design networks to meet their requirements.
* Validate solutions in lab and pilot environments
* Author and revise engineering standards and deployment and troubleshooting guides
* Develop and maintain an understanding of the Microsoft wireless network environment
* Lead network health analysis and optimization efforts
* Define and track key metrics to assess performance, quality and availability
* Investigate and resolve wireless network events and user-reported incidents
* Understand the operational environment and reduce events and reported incidents
* Write specifications to create automation, self-healing, user self-help tools and other mechanisms to improve network resiliency and reduce the time engineers spend on operational issues.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.