Azure Monitor team's mission is to empower organizations to deliver successful application services through timely, actionable, data-driven insights. Our strategic objective is to increase Azure usage by offering intuitive, interconnected, and extensible monitoring solutions to modern organizations actively moving to and running their businesses on the cloud. By 2020, we will attach our services to 70% of Azure global workloads.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related math/engineering field, or 5+ years of equivalent industry software engineering experience
* 3 years of programming experience writing code in Java, C++, C#, or C or other object-oriented programming language
* Experience developing and managing cloud services in a development, operations, or site reliability engineering role.
* A passion for using telemetry to understand customer usage patterns as well as to diagnose and fix issues promptly in production services.
* Ability to think creatively, bring diverse experience to bear on problems, and encourage other diverse perspectives.
* Ability to drive sound architecture, design, and implementation through hands-on development.
* Experience in collaboration across teams within and outside the organization.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Azure Monitor team provides end-to-end, full-stack monitoring experiences for Azure customers spanning custom application logic, Azure services, VMs, containers and network infrastructure. We run high scale services in the cloud, providing rich monitoring user experiences. We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers who will be responsible for building automation, tooling, and integrations between services to build out best practices used by the entire engineering organization to improve engineering velocity and reduce manual touch.
Site reliability engineering organizations are one of the primary audiences for monitoring technologies, and as we internally dogfood our own products, there will be opportunities to run ahead of the engineering teams and prototype and then productize components from these tools across the full stack, including UX, services, and SDKs. This includes a tight collaboration with many other teams within Azure, and as such, candidates must have demonstrated collaboration skills to work constructively across functions and groups to solve customer problems. Finally, we seek candidates who will contribute to a positive culture, where all members of the team can do their best work, creating an advantage out of our diverse set of backgrounds, styles and skill sets.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.