Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
Caviar helps diners find delicious food from their favorite restaurants, delivered straight to their door. The team is responsible for helping new diners find and order the food they're craving and giving them every reason to come back for seconds (or thirds). Each team within Caviar has a dedicated PM and designer enabling us to take a product-oriented approach to development. Our main products are the trycaviar.com website and the mobile apps (iOS and Android).
* Own and develop new features that help us reach and engage new diners
* Empower the team to solve tough technical challenges
* Set high standards for code quality, design thoroughness, and communication
* Drive the technical direction, design, and decisions needed to scale our systems
* Work closely with other senior, product-minded engineers
* Influence the roadmap for all of our diner-facing products (iOS, Android, Web)
* Guide and mentor engineers through the phases of development
* Partner with product and design to shape what we build and how we approach it
* Get a balanced, supportive, fun working environment and career path
* Make hungry people happy
* BA/BS degree or equivalent industry experience (8+ years preferred)
* Deep experience with Ruby on Rails
* Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
* Can lead multi-month cross-team and cross-functional projects and effectively guide the work of other engineers
* Experience building products for growth, including an interest in hypothesis-driven testing and analysis
* Makes improvements to processes, defines best practices, and generally levels up the team
Technologies we use:
* Ruby on Rails
* iOS (Objective-C, Swift)
* Android (Kotlin)
* Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch
* AWS, Docker
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.