Performs server administrator responsibilities including engineering, implementation, configuration, and administration of hardware and software in CoBank's UNIX Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure, including but not limited to Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Red Hat OpenShift. The Senior Server Administrator will act as a container administration SME while coordinating with the network, Windows, storage, middleware, architecture, and security teams. They will own responsibility for the DR, availability, ITSM/CMDB/Service Catalog, and TBM aspects of OpenShift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Administers, troubleshoots, resolves problems, monitors, and conducts performance management and reporting. Responsibilities include UNIX Operating Systems, Oracle hardware, VMWare, patch management, capacity management, and system monitoring.
* Assists in establishing operating methodologies and after hours support procedures in order to support a consistent and predictable operating environment. Develops and maintains documentation and processes/procedures for operating the environment. Complies with all procedure and documentation requirements.
* Works extensively with third party vendors in the delivery of ongoing services or major projects.
* Prepares responses to internal and external audits and/or makes authorized changes to systems as a result of audit findings.
* Supports the implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity initiatives.
* Works within the established and documented process for change management to build test and implement approved changes.
* Works with Senior UNIX Administrators and Information Technology (IT) staff in the execution of duties.
* Provides 24x7 rotating support for the diagnosis and resolution of problems.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline.
* 4+ years' experience, including 4 years' experience implementing, configuring and administering UNIX/Linux servers, or 2+ years administering Red Hat OpenShift or Kubernetes; or appropriate combination of education and experience. Experience in banking or financial services industry preferred.
* Knowledge of IT Service Management and Operating methodologies (e.g., ITIL)
* UNIX, Linux, or other similar certification
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
* Some travel required
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of agriculture and rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.