We are a 150+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people's lives better every day.
About the Role
As our SEO front-end engineer, you'll be part of our cross-function SEO team, including world-class designers, product managers, content writers and subject matter experts to turn new ideas into tangible user experiences used by millions of people each month using modern web technologies. Our frontend stack includes: React.js, NodeJS, Express, Webpack, Redux, AWS, and Fastly.
* Collaborate with our cross functional SEO team and the broader team of Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
* Design and implement methods to improve our page speed metrics across the site
* Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
* Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, automated-testable React JSX to realize our ideas
* Build our UI framework to help us create rich applications to interact with our data-code, widgets, and all-and help us identify and document its emergent rules
Skills & Qualifications:
* Hard skills-performance: You've personally identified and fixed performance issues that lead to improvements in speed metrics like "Time to First Paint", "SpeedIndex" and "Time to Interactive". You have experience with server side rendering and reverse proxy CDNs such as Fastly in a high volume, production environment. You are knowledgeable on Webpack bundle optimizations, modern compression algorithms such as Brotli or Zopfli and modern image compression like WebP and JPEG200.
* Experience: Minimum 3 years developing and shipping clean, efficient, and compatible web apps where SEO was critical, and executing with all the hard skills above
* Portfolio: A portfolio of real projects-better yet if one or two are open source you can walk us through your work on GitHub
Good To Have:
* Familiarity building clickable prototypes with Keynote, Balsamiq, Adobe Fireworks, or a similar tool
* Knowledge of how to build and use databases like MongoDB and MySQL and the ability to set up continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment with tools like Travis, Circle, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar
GoodRx is America's leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.