At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-"sites" to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
The Senior SEM Specialist (Paid Search) will be responsible for owning the planning, optimization and management of the Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook paid search programs across the major search engines (Google, Bing, and Yahoo). The successful candidate will be analytically driven, a creative thinker, and will serve as the subject-matter-expert regarding the implementation of paid search best practices to fuel program success. This position will report to the Search Engine Marketing Manager and will work very closely with other Acquisition and Growth, Retention, and Analytics team members.
A day in the life…
* Own the planning, optimization and management of the Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook paid search campaigns across Google, Bing, and Yahoo
* Optimize program to reach monthly and yearly demand, customer acquisition and efficiency targets while exceeding ROI goals
* Manage daily/weekly/monthly budgets while actively forecasting program performance
* Write effective ad copy across various ad formats while continually developing and implementing opportunities for creative testing
* Drive key testing initiatives and analyses to uncover meaningful insights while developing a testing best-practices plan to fuel program strategies
* Responsible for the creation and execution of targeting tactics (e.g. audience, devices and location segmentation)
* Perform ongoing keyword research, search query mining, account expansion and implementation
* Support the identification, evaluation, execution and development of new publishers, ad formats, tools, vendors, and technologies
* Work cross-functionally with the Site Merchandising, Buying, Product, Marketing Analytics, Finance, and other Marketing teams
* Partner with internal stakeholders around category/brand/product priorities while providing paid search insights including keyword trends and performance recaps
* Align with brand marketing teams and vendor partners around marketing restrictions
* Collaborate with Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack counterparts on multi-channel testing
* Collect/analyze data, identify new business trends and proactively communicate insights to fuel account growth and efficiency
* Perform daily/weekly/monthly paid search performance reporting, dashboard updates, and ad hoc analyses
* Update daily and monthly Acquisition and Growth Marketing reporting and dashboards
* Stay up-to-date with the latest digital marketing, PPC and e-commerce industry trends
You own this if you have…
* 3+ years of experience managing paid search campaigns across Google, Bing, and Yahoo
* Working knowledge of major paid search platforms and third-party bid management tools (Marin Software preferred)
* E-commerce retail experience preferred
* Solid understanding of performance marketing KPIs, financial metrics and e-commerce functions
* Experience quantifying paid search initiatives, while providing insights that align with the overall business goals
* Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including the ability to use formulas, functions, pivot tables and visualizations
* Strong PowerPoint and professional presentation skills
* Experience using analytics platforms such as MicroStrategy and Google Analytics
* Strong analytical skills and penchant for making data-driven decisions
* Proven ability to successfully manage internal and external partner relationships
* Detail oriented with a commitment to driving strong results
* Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
* Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
* Ability to see projects through from beginning to end
* Bachelor's Degree in related field
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Time Off
* Merchandise Discount
* Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.