Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As Microsoft accelerates its transformation in a cloud-first world, there has never been a more exciting time to be part of Supply Chain Engineering team responsible for delivering high quality innovative devices in an agile manner to consumer, retailer and enterprise segments. We also are in emerging business of sharing our expertise with Azure datacenters supply chain engineering as cloud growth accelerates. Our shared Services engineering organization strives to enable high quality engineering of Supply Chain highly distributed infrastructure. We are moving to modernize this infrastructure with Azure cloud services and capabilities that are highly reliable, performant, scalable and available to run the business in an efficient manner all around the world.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* 12+ years of driving security practices and patterns in software development in Azure, AWS or other cloud services or highly distributed systems
* Experience with architecture and design of secure distributed systems.
* Provide the optics into a system to identify systemic security issues, articulate the impact, and drive a measurable, high-ROI solutions.
* Great team player, influencer and communicator. Strong believer in improving culture on the team to become more security obsessed.
* A BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
Preferred, not required:
* Previous experience with Supply chain engineering.
* Drive change with partner systems to remove key components of workflows; fully automate decisions and improve velocity.
* Technical and organizational leadership across the division to deal with ambiguity and influence others on proposed solutions to tighten security for possible vulnerabilities
* Customer obsessed with focus on designing and monitoring for security and driving decisions based on data and metrics.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and highly passionate in driving transformation through innovation and collaboration for quality and agility of Supply Chain Engineering Services organization and its ecosystem. We are a growing and learning team who values diversity and continuous improvements, so come join us to make a big impact on Microsoft's future!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#SCE #BPSC #CSEO #CPE
You will be responsible for Security for Supply Chain Services and capabilities for our business and partner ecosystem. You will work with cross business and cross team stakeholders to identify, envision, architect, design and deliver on important Security related platform investments for use by Supply Chain SCOR teams. You will be highly customer and data driven to influence and impact our business, teams and partners to move forward with security mindset for the agile development. You will be working in a dev-ops, live site culture and help teams drive to security best practices and patterns. You will be partnering with multiple teams and internal/external partners and should be comfortable dealing with ambiguous problems and be able to propose and execute on optimal solutions for security by design and defense in depth.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.