What you'll be doing...
This position will be part of the IT Information Security Office (ISO) supporting the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Business Unit. The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Security Risk team will be focused on improving the security risk posture through engagement in IT and business initiatives impacting the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) network, information assets and business operations. This position will identify information security risks associated with the implementation plans of IT initiatives and provide security consultation, direction and guidance that meet the security policy requirements, security standards and best practices, and government and industry regulations. The team will work with IT application leaders, business owners and 3rd Party business partners to ensure the security requirements are fulfilled and risks are reduced. When risk acceptance is requested the team will work with Security leadership and business stakeholders to gain risk acceptance on information security risk matters. Additionally the team will inform and educate the application, technical and business teams on security policies, risks and threats to the organization.
* Provide weekly written status reports to Security and IT leadership on key security related work and risks.
* Mentor, train and advise junior level risk analyst. Refine and improve internal processes and process with business partners to gain efficiencies and provide better security engagement.
* Collaborate and build relationships with IT colleague's core business partners for continued security education and awareness.
* Determine if security risk factors exist by engaging in business and IT initiatives to obtain and understand functional and technical requirements involving internal software development, use of third parties, new technologies or any use of information assets.
* Participate as a stakeholder representing Information Security in functional and technical requirements and design sessions via the agile and traditional software development methodologies.
* Assign a preliminary risk profile by identifying the information security risk factors based on data classification, design, and functional purpose and use
* Specific attention to the following control areas is required: authentication, authorization, access controls (network and user), secure transmission and storage, encryption/key management, segmentation and network zoning, data flows, third party access and connectivity and functional purpose.
* Work with architecture teams to understand enterprise solutions and impacts on security controls.
* Determine if other security or privacy risk factors exist due to the uniqueness of the initiative and evolving business ventures.
* Perform detailed risk assessment and provide risk reduction recommendations and security requirements and guidance to IT and business teams supporting the initiatives.
* Provide security requirements during planning sessions, functional and technical requirement sessions, user story creation and grooming, and technical design based on identified risks.
* Determine if any compensating controls are necessary due to inability to comply with the primary control requirements. Facilitate and help design compensating controls when needed.
* Ensure requirements and design include approved strategic security technologies.
* Complete and present to Security management and business sponsors a risk assessment evaluation articulating risk and impact analysis when security controls cannot be met by an initiative to ensure transparency and appropriate level of acceptance.
* Identify initiatives with risk areas that need specialized security expertise and keep security leadership informed.
* Consult with and provide awareness to specialized security subject matter experts such as security architects, engineers, secure coding, PCI/CPNI, and/or Privacy specialist to obtain more specific requirements or design direction when circumstances are unique or overly complex.
* Broker meetings as needed between project team members and specialized security experts when additional details are required or circumstances are unique or private (under special NDA).
* Participate weekly meetings with management and security team peers to provide project updates and risk overviews.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even Better if you have:
* A degree.
* Six or more years of IT or related experience.
* Experience in an Information Security, Software Development/Technical Support related position.
* One or more of the following professional certifications: CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls), GSEC (General Security Essentials Certification), or equivalent, or willingness to obtain within 6 months of start date.
* A thorough understanding of all stages of the SDLC process, from coding and code promotion through all levels of testing as well as management of multiple non-production environments.
* A solid understanding of networking technologies ad portals.
* Knowledge of server and desktop application and operating system security (Win10, Mac, Linux) particularly any knowledge about securing Google products such as Chrome, G Suite, and ChromeOS/Android.
* Experience with Cloud security especially in AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
* Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) security and vendor security in general.
* Familiarity with source code control systems (eg Git) and relevant security controls.
* Familiarity with DevOps concepts and especially DevSecOps tools.
* Familiarity with Hadoop and Hadoop tools (eg Sqoop, Hive, Pig, HDFS, MapReduce, etc), securing Hadoop Clusters.
* Knowledge of AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (machine learning).
* Experience with the security and governance of Big Data.
* A base knowledge of databases and operating systems.
* Knowledge of data security fundamentals and best practices with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
* A demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead productive working sessions with resources from multiple application and technology teams across the enterprise.
* Capability to effectively communicate with Legal department attorneys and other supporting business groups such as Compliance and Finance.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Familiarity with IT Governance practices and processes, and solid business acumen.
* Experience producing reference documentation for technical or business reference.
* Excellent documentation and organization skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.