Medallia's mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world's best-loved brands trust Medallia's Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title-nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
At Medallia, the Security Operations team increases Medallia's long-term value by building enterprise-grade, best-in-class security tooling which detect indicators of compromise and security malfeasance, as well as leading Medallia's security incident response and investigative capabilities across the entire organization. Security Operations is a DevSecOps-first team, and our engineers utilize best-in-class tools like Terraform, Packer, Linux, Python, GoLang, Splunk and AWS EC2 to deliver robust capabilities across our platform. The Security Operations team is passionate about automation and rapid iteration, and we follow an infrastructure-as-code model as we build our SOC and security compute platform.
Medallia is a trusted partner to organizations across the globe spanning numerous industry verticals. It is more important than ever that we continue to stay a step ahead in securing our applications, services and data. The Senior Security Operations Engineer role will work closely with our global engineering teams and ensure that we have best-in-class detection and response capabilities deployed throughout our platform.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about security, maintains a strong technical background and loves creating pragmatic solutions to challenging problems.
Our Engineering Culture
* We don't expect perfection, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
* We love technology, follow the latest technologies and share what we learn.
* We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
* We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
Specifically, You Will:
* Participate within our 24/7/365 security operations team that Medallia counts on to protect our customers, employees, and infrastructure from common and novel threat actors.
* Develop and maintain the tools, infrastructure, documentation and logic Medallia uses to operate its security computing and detection platform.
* Build detection mechanisms which identify indicators of compromise and other forms of security malfeasance or misconfiguration.
* Investigate events from many sources to determine if they represent a threat to Medallia and should be escalated as a security incident.
* Respond to security incidents and lead investigations related to real or potential indicators of compromise.
* Build automation around our security response and reduce the need for high-touch, human intervention and investigation into common security events and patterns.
* Utilize pattern matching techniques, machine learning algorithms, statistical models, and other novel capabilities or techniques to detect and respond to insider threats, advanced persistent threats/attackers ("APT"), and anomalous behavior of systems.
* Discover and/or build new tools and techniques which enhance Medallia's security detection and response capabilities.
* Understand the full stack, and have depth into the operation, care and management of security compute infrastructure.
* Understand information security concepts as applied across the full stack.
* Utilize various open-source tools like Terraform, Packer, Linux, GIT, Python, and Go to instrument and build our security platforms and tools using an infrastructure-as-code model on a hybrid (cloud and on-premise) platform.
* Work with teams across the world throughout Medallia's global workforce.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
* 3+ years relevant work experience in Security field.
* Prior experience responding to security issues or challenges, such as: security architecture and infrastructure, threat hunting, intrusion detection, signals intelligence, incident response and forensics.
* Programming experience in one or more languages such as Python, Go, Java or C.
* Experience analyzing large data sets in order to separate true signals from noise.
* Strong troubleshooting capabilities, a curious mindset, and a passion for both the human and technical aspects in the art and science of information security.
* Experience working in a regulated environment, or knowledge/understanding of one or more regulatory frameworks (i.e. FISMA/FedRamp, NIST, PCI-DSS, etc.)
* Security operations, security infrastructure, machine learning, data engineering, debugging, threat hunting, signals intelligence, intrusion detection, indicators of compromise, python, java, golang, go lang, C language, C++ language, security architecture, full stack, linux, kernel, SOC, incident response, terraform, packer, git, advanced persistent threat, attacker, advanced threat, threat actor, blue team, red team, purple team
At Medallia, we don't just accept difference-we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
Medallia is a provider of experience management solutions.