Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Security Operations Engineer - Contractor
San Diego, CA
The Senior Security Operations Engineer (Contractor) is a member of the Security Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). The primary responsibility of this role is to support the security framework that is integrated into the PlayStation platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring security needs are met. The Engineer will also test out new technologies and present proposals on integrating these tools that will enhance the overall security posture of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a solid understanding of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
- Review and improve AWS/Cloud based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers on AWS
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
- Implement a tools driven and highly automated approach to deliver key security management processes by maximizing use of existing toolsets.
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments
- Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Lead AWS Cloud DevSecOps engineering integrations with platforms such as SPLUNK ES, Evident.io, and CloudPassage
- Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action based events and triggers
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable the Security Engineering team to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Evaluate security technologies for cloud environments in order to implement controls in the most streamlined and integrated manner
- Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
- Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container and microservice technologies
- Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
- Craft and evangelize secure cloud platform & product requirements
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Stay current on security industry trends
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent industry experience (8+ years)
- Extensive experience in cloud based DDoS protection services such as AWS Advanced Shield, Imperva Incapsula and Akamai
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Extensive Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps environments and maintaining security in CI/CD processes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
- Knowledge of AWS automation strategies and tools
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns, issues to other teams
Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining security procedures
- Proficient in AWS CLI/API, Bash, and Python
- Experience in virtualization, Cloud Formation, Python in building hybrid cloud models with security layered in for groups, policies is critical for individual's hands-on expertise.
- Real time scalability and highly available solutions leveraging functions like Lambda, AWS Auto Scaling and Cloud Formations.
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Direct senior level experience with security infrastructure engineering in hosted environments
- Direct senior level experience in securing cloud based environments.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PlayStation® Official Website brings information on PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, consoles, latest games and accessories. Explore Playstation Plus, PlayStation Virtual Reality (VR) gaming and excited offers.