The Senior Security Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the security of business and engineering systems throughout their lifecycle. This includes building and managing security tools and platforms, assisting users to design and assess the security of IT and engineering systems, building automation to simplify manual or complex processes, and authoring proper security documentation. In addition, this role will also work closely with engineering teams to develop and test content for the Tanium platform.
What you'll do:
* Design, deploy, and maintain security solutions supporting stakeholders including
IT and engineering
* Develop tools and automation that integrate security into Tanium systems and process, enabling our employees to do their jobs better and more securely
* Leverage platforms and API's to automatically gather and correlate complex data sets
* Prototype new content for the Tanium platform and develop / share research in
the area of security engineering
* Improve the monitoring and alerting capabilities, portability, and efficiency of deployed Cloud architectures, by creating and maintaining effective and repeatable
Infrastructure as Code
* Design, document, and maintain secure system architectures for new and
* Collaborate with Tanium engineering teams to provide feedback on Tanium products
We're looking for someone with:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
* MS degree preferred
* 5+ years of security experience required, 7+ preferred
* Deep technical knowledge of fundamental security concepts, such as identity and access management, applied cryptography or network security
* Experience administering Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems
* Experience with creating and maintaining security documentation packages
* Comfortable writing maintainable code (e.g. Python) to solve complex security challenges and integrate solutions via APIs
* Working knowledge of common cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure) and requirements to address management and security challenges
* Strong understanding of how to ingest, normalize, and maintain large, complex data sets
* Experience with orchestration platforms
At Tanium, we empower the world's largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There's a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks - with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.
Tanium is a provider of a management and security platform.