Minimum Clearance RequiredSecret Responsibilities
ISYS Technologies delivers emerging technology solutions through our diverse and talented employees who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our country and operate responsibly. We are a reputable award-winning WOSB providing Engineering and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) services to the Federal government. Headquartered in Colorado, ISYS serves key national customers throughout the United States with a presence in more than 16 states.
ISYS Technologies is hiring a Splunk SME.
* Work with other Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting
* Provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards
* Interact with senior management, as necessary
* Provide overall engineering and design support for a very large distributed multi-site, multi-cluster Splunk deployment spanning security, operations, and compliance monitoring roles
* Support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows
* Build and deploy custom Splunk apps including managing custom field extractions, data models, summary indexes, and others
* Master's degree coupled with 15+ years' relevant experience or PhD with 13+ years' experience
* 4+ years of experience in a senior Splunk role
* 3+ Years' experience in Linux
* 2+ Years' experience in app interface development, using REST API's
* Previous project management experience
* ITIL Change & Configuration Management
* Version control systems (Git, Mercurial)
* Splunk Architect or equivalent experience
* RHCE or equivalent experience
* Possess a thorough understanding of Splunk Deployment Methodology and best‑practices for planning, data collection, and sizing for a distributed deployment
* Able to manage and troubleshoot distributed deployments with multiple, multi-site indexer clusters and search head clusters
* Experienced in deploying, managing, and troubleshooting complex Splunk Enterprise environments
* Familiar with managing various components of Splunk Enterprise on a daily basis, including license management, indexers and search heads, configuration, monitoring, and getting data into Splunk
* Familiar with the Splunk common information model (CIM) and its applications within the Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) premium application
* Familiar with managing custom Splunk ES content both from community provided sources and custom-built content based on customer requirements
* Splunk Certified Consultant
* Experience in other systems and network management products
US Citizenship is required.
ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected Veteran status, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
About Isys Technologies
ISYS Technologies is a company providing information technology and engineering services to federal, state, and local governments.