PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Security Engineer who wants to make PAX safer for millions of users around the world. This is a unique opportunity for self-motivated security individuals who like to be involved with improving security of connected devices, mobile apps, backend APIs, and web applications, and employ industry best practices in security design and monitoring throughout our rapidly growing organization. This role requires a good dose of cross-functional collaboration and ability to communicate security principles effectively across different levels of PAX.
As the PAX Security Engineer, you will:
* Proactively identify areas that we can improve on in terms of security, and deliver solutions in a prioritized manner. This could involve manual penetration testing or utilizing automated tools to find vulnerabilities, regular code reviews, and audits
* Design and build new features or integrate with third-party services that internal and external customers love to use which improve security of users and data
* Automate security policy analysis and blocking of malicious activities
* Engage with the security community and employ industry best practices and learnings throughout our organization
* Drive security initiatives from conception to continuous delivery
* Assemble and drive a response team during a crisis
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
* 5+ years experience in developing and executing security or DevSecOps roadmaps
* Strong understanding of web and mobile application security
* Experience with security of IoT devices is a plus
* Experience as a developer with languages like Python, Go, and Java
* Experience with DevSecOps principals, and managing infrastructure as code
* Knowledge of system and network security protocols
* Experience with automating and securing cloud environments such as AWS and CloudFoundry
* Knowledge of cryptography is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields or demonstrated work experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
* Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401K plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Paid Parental Leave
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Cell Phone reimbursement
* Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
* Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
* Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
* Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs
PAX Labs is a company that produces loose-leaf vaporizers.