Cruise Automation, Inc.
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Design, deploy, manage and improve critical security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging, detection and more
* Design and maintain secure cloud (AWS and others) systems and networks
* Collaborate across the company to guide direction of autonomous vehicle security
* Research, design and develop solutions meeting internal and external security requirements and standards.
* Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
* Partner with various teams throughout Cruise on technology initiatives to improve security and bring standard methodologies to our products and services
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* Experience with physical and AWS, or other cloud infrastructure providers
* Excited by a fast pace, collaborative work environment where your contribution matters
* Can write defensive, maintainable code that solves real-world problems for our users
* In-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography
* Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations
* Advocate for security within the engineering organization in order to deliver the most secure autonomous vehicle platform
* BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
* Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
* You are an entrepreneur, you love to build, prototype and break.
* Deep understanding of applying defensive infrastructure automation and attack prevention.
* Experienced with Docker security.
* Action oriented, analytical, troubleshooter, problem solver, motivator
CruiSec is a team with deep expertise across the security spectrum, requiring simultaneous execution across dozens of knowledge domains. As a Security Engineer on the Infrastructure Security team, your mission-critical efforts will serve to defend our IP, the security and privacy of end users, autonomous vehicle components, and overall protect Cruise's technology ecosystem before threats become anyone's problem.
Failure is not an option for fully-autonomous systems once deployed in the wild, which is why Cruise's security team plays such a crucial role in our business. Safety, reliability and security are paramount to our success. We're actively solving problems in a realm no one has seen before, and we'd rather be paranoid than complacent.
A career at Cruise offers immeasurable growth and opportunity to make an impact in a game-changing, fast-moving organization. Now is a pivotal time to join us.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
About Cruise Automation, Inc.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.
Cruise Automation, Inc.