OSI Systems and its subsidiaries is a vertically integrated provider of specialized electronic systems and for components that meet the critical needs in the homeland security, healthcare, defense, and aerospace industries. As a global company, we are dedicated to developing solutions for our customers and the people they serve to lead the way to a safer and healthier world.
OSI Systems is seeking an experienced Sr. Security Engineer who will work on day-to-day information security engineering and operations tasks as well as longer-term information security initiatives. It will report directly to the Director, Information Security.
* Identify and define system security requirements. Analyze, report on and assist in management of security-related risks, including reporting on outcomes and proposing further security improvements.
* Own the engineering, implementation and monitoring of specific security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information, to help mitigate security risks, and to automate repeatable tasks. Work with the IT Infrastructure Services and Applications teams to implement these controls.
* Evaluate security aspects of cloud and on-premise Infrastructure, applications, integration and other IT architecture designs and make recommendations as needed to minimize risk
* Lead in responding to and triaging security events and incidents, including guiding more junior staff
* Perform service management for security devices, including problem, change, asset management
* Work with third-party security service providers to ensure service delivery
* Prepare and document standards, procedures and guidelines
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
* It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field.
* 7-10 years of experience in information technology with a focus in information security (on-premise and AWS cloud environment).
* Experience in building and maintaining enterprise security systems
* Hands-on experience in security systems, including endpoint security, vulnerability management, network security technologies such as firewalls and IPS/IPS, content filtering, authentication systems, log management, and encryption
* Thorough understanding of the security principles, techniques, and protocols, including defense-in-depth, identity and access management, AAA, CIA, network segmentation, cloud security, privileged access management, common application security flaws, and commonly known ports.
* Proven ability to lead a project from start to finish from the technical side
* Capability to clearly communicate information security concepts and risks
* Detailed technical knowledge of network, operating system and database security. Detailed knowledge of application security is preferable.
* Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, etc.) and of network/web related protocols
* Familiarity with standards and frameworks such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001/27002 preferred.
* Professional information security-related certifications such as CISSP, GSEC preferred.
* Previous experience working in a global environment preferred.
* Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
* Good verbal and written communication skills in English
* Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About OSI Systems
OSI Systems is a company that provides electronic systems and components.