Senior Security Engineer
At AnchorFree, our mission is to provide secure access to the world's information for every person on the planet. AnchorFree has grown into a service with millions of users in nearly 200 countries. Our flagship products, Hotspot Shield and Betternet, regularly top the App Store charts in Productivity and enables millions of users to securely and privately access the Internet every day. Last year, AnchorFree closed a $295 million investment led by WndrCo and Accel Partners, with further development plans for Hotspot Shield and other products in our suite.
AnchorFree is seeking a talented Senior Security Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of programming and at least 2 years of relevant experience in the security engineering space. Majority of the programming experience should have been gained on the Linux server side. Should have relevant experience in the DevSecOps field and must be able to grasp new technology fast.
* Security management for the areas of technical infrastructure and networks
* Creating and maintaining security processes taking into account available security standards
* Continuous support, coordination and documentation of all processes, independent follow-up of the implementation of strategic and operational objectives on the subject of IT security
* Implement security in every step of the SDLC, including performing threat modeling, design reviews and security-critical configuration reviews.
* Support other departments in the processing of security-relevant topics and projects
* Work with production teams to deliver code into a secure production environment.
Qualifications and skills required:
* A minimum of a bachelor's degree, ideally in the field of technical computer science or technical IT security or IT security management
* A minimum of 2 years of experience writing code in Python or minimum of 2 years of experience writing code in Golang.
* Good knowledge of security specific protocols (SSH/TLS/DNSSEC, etc.), and network protocols (DNS, IP, TCP/UDP)
* Experience securing cloud environments such as AWS, Azure etc.
* Experience securing the DevOps tool chain (Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform, Jenkins etc.)
* Deep understanding of the Linux security landscape (SECCOMP/SELINUX/APPARMOR) along with 2 years of experience administering in the same.
* Ability to critically analyze and evaluate products and build or configure the right tools to secure them.
* Should have at least 3 years of experience working in a SaaS environment.
* Safe conduct, good communication skills and assertiveness
* Good knowledge of English in spoken and written forms
* Experience deploying and managing Identity and access management tools is a plus
AnchorFree Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Excellent employee stock option plan
* Relocation assistance available
* $175 per month electric car incentives
* Free food and drinks
* Foosball, Gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
* FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
* Commuter Benefits
* Free Shuttle from San Francisco,CA
* Dog friendly office
About the Product
AnchorFree are the creators of a powerful technology platform that has been transformational for millions of people around the world, enabling connectivity, privacy, and freedom. The crown jewel of our family of products, Hotspot Shield is available for users on iOS, Android, PC and Mac. 200,000 new users download Hotspot Shield every day, making it one of the top 100 most popular iOS apps in App Store and the #1 top grossing app in the Productivity category. Powered by a proprietary VPN technology, Hotspot Shield is the world's most popular Wi-Fi security application. Hotspot Shield is the #1 enabler for users to get Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube in places where access to these apps or sites is restricted or censored. AnchorFree is also powering partners with its proprietary VPN technology available as an SDK, enabling app developers to integrate security, privacy and Internet freedom into their apps.
About the Culture
AnchorFree lives, sleeps, and breathes their core mission of enabling secure access to the world's information for every person on the planet. AnchorFree is one of the few companies that is actually changing the world by providing users with basic human rights (Internet Freedom and Privacy), while driving solid year over year growth and shareholder value.
Learn more about us here:
AnchorFree website: http://www.AnchorFree.com
Hotspot Shield website: http://www.HotspotShield.com