About the role
As our company grows and we expand our security team, Opendoor is looking for exceptional Security Engineers to drive Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) initiatives and keep our employees and infrastructure protected against real-world threats. You'll be joining a team where you have real ownership and a charter to champion best practices, drive change, and determine future policy. You'll also partner closely with our other security domains: Application Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), and Corporate Security -- so you'll never end up working in a silo.
Your responsibilities include:
* Triaging and responding to security incidents as a main investigator
* Growing our incident detection and response capabilities
* Developing internal security tooling and automation to support Incident Response (IR) functions
* Maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR)
* Participating in on-call rotation
* Partnering with stakeholders to provide a defensive security perspective in architecting systems, infrastructure, applications, and services
* Contributing to documented technical procedures (runbooks) and formal security policy
* Evangelizing Information Security (InfoSec) best practices and awareness programs
* Supporting InfoSec operations and compliance initiatives
We're looking for teammates who have:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) in computer science, STEM or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or relevant work experience.
* 5+ years experience in Information Security with a strong emphasis in DFIR
* Demonstrated experience building automated DFIR systems or processes
* A software engineering mindset for building security solutions
* A desire to work against metrics derived from industry standards
* Experience implementing complete solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools
* Strong Linux and/or macOS system administration skills
* Solid understanding of networking/TCP IP
* A sense of ownership for everything you ship
* Excellent communication and customer-facing skills
* An understanding of the value of usability and buy-in when it comes to security policy and practice
* Experience with IR practices and automation within cloud infrastructures
* Passion for automation and orchestration
* Love for security at work and outside of work. As shown by: presenting at a known security conference, contributing to or creating open source security tools, contributing to the security community in general, etc.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.