Senior Security Design Engineer
The qualified candidate will lead a group of engineers and designers in the development of high- capability physical security systems at locations world- wide.
Typical systems will include: Advanced video systems, intrusion detection systems, access control and denial systems, countermeasures equipment, and other specialty systems. Computer systems/encryption, firewalls, forensics, network intrusion monitoring, and system security audit products.
Scope of work to include:
* Technical security assessments
* Identification of security risks, analysis of those risks, and specification of system requirements and procedural measures to ensure the integrity of stand-alone computers and network information systems.
* Written documents including memoranda, trip reports, telegraphic communications with posts; and engineering surveys or service reports detailing specific engineering services planned or performed.
* Specify, design, procure, install equipment or products for technical security and information technology systems,
Demonstrated experience and abilities in some or all of the following areas:
* Ability to logically and objectively analyze problems, apply sound judgment in assessing possible solutions, adjust to changing priorities, and meet tight deadlines;
* Effective written and oral communication skills, and ability to present technical findings in a clear and concise manner to non-technical personnel;
* Knowledge and hands-on familiarity of computer systems, computer security, and familiarity with security operating systems, hardware platforms, and networks; and
* Ability to read, interpret and create electrical and electromechanical schematics and architectural drawings, including electrical /mechanical building systems drawings.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Education and Experience:
* The individual must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
* The individual shall have nine years experience with at least five years experience in the following: conducting technical security assessments; product evaluations, performing technical needs assessments and recommending security upgrades.
* A US DoD Secret or with the ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance is required.
* Five years experience leading technical team doing technical security assessments.
* Five years experience in electrical and electromechanical schematics and architectural drawings, including electrical /mechanical building systems drawings.
* Experience working with high-capability physical security systems.
* Experience in three of the technical areas: Advanced video systems, intrusion detection systems, access control and denial systems, countermeasures equipment, and other specialty systems.
* Experience in two of the following network security areas: Computer systems/encryption, firewalls, forensics, network intrusion monitoring, and system security audit products.
* Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS up to 50% of the time.
* Ability to lead small teams of engineers and technicians.
* Good understanding of emerging physical security technologies.
* Experience traveling for work internationally.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability