Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers and the internet community? Can you explain security requirements to technical and non-technical staff? Can you educate others on how requirement objectives are met even when the letter of the requirement isn't? Do you want an opportunity to effect change and make a difference at a leading technology organization? Do you see security assurance as a business enabler? If the answer is "yes", come join Akamai's Information Security team!
As a Senior Security Assurance Analyst, you will be an integral part of a team working to strategically apply blockchain technologies to new and innovative business areas, resulting in high-throughput transaction systems at global scale. If you want to work on innovative solutions that solve technology problems of global scale, then this is the role for you.
You will be responsible for:
● Understanding key Akamai systems, interpreting security requirements and articulating how Akamai meet those requirements.
● Working comfortably in ambiguous or less well defined circumstances to develop clear analysis.
● Working closely with key stakeholders to identify, document, and communicate issues related to security assurance activities.
○ Document these issues in sufficient detail to communicate them to others as needed.
○ Work with key stakeholders to adjust analysis to ongoing changing business needs and technology landscape.
○ Understand security requirements in sufficient detail to predict potential issues with little direct guidance from management.
● Encouraging and building collaboration amongst team members.
● Building and leveraging relationships to positively influence teammates by mentoring and motivating others on your teams.
● Working with program sponsors and key stakeholders on presentations to executives.
● Communicating work status and changes to management with appropriate frequency and detail.
● Identifying areas for process and tooling improvements.
● Maintaining and iterating on a roadmap of committed work through the current calendar year and beyond.
About the Team Akamai's InfoSec Team is responsible for safeguarding the security of Akamai's infrastructure and provide internal advocacy for security practices. Within this larger context, the Security Compliance team works closely with product and platform teams throughout the company to help ensure that Akamai systems meet both the safety and security compliance needs of our customers and the public.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience * 6 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree or equivalent professional experience * 3 years of relevant experience and a PhD or equivalent professional experience. * Equivalent experience
* Minimum 8 years of experience in information security or security compliance analysis
* Experience working with security compliance frameworks such as PCI, SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001 * Strong desire to improve information security. * Strong problem-solving skills. * Passion for learning about technology, security, and security compliance. * Familiarity with the internet and large scale technology companies.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.