IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Join AIG colleagues who work together every day to make a difference around the world. Our employees exemplify our values of diversity, inclusion, and global citizenship - and in return, we offer world-class opportunities that lead to exciting careers across a broad range of disciplines. Discover who you can become at AIG.
The Assessment and Effectiveness team is a key component of the Information Security Office (ISO). Team members serve as trusted advisors to IT and the Business, helping them effectively manage security risks. Assessment and Effectiveness colleagues consult with their constituents in determining optimal ways to develop applications and manage systems securely. They identify cyber risks and put a premium on effective design and operations. Additionally, the Assessment and Effectiveness team assists asset owners in implementing appropriate security controls. By identifying vulnerabilities across all of IT, Assessment and Effectiveness add a critical control to the business and strengthen our endeavors.
This person will be working closely with multiple stakeholders throughout the Information Security Organization (ISO) and the Senior Executive Support (SES) team. He/she will be responsible for managing and improving the effectiveness of the "Digital Bodyguard" information security function, inclusive of the technologies, organizational structure, processes and capabilities. He/She will be reporting to the ISO Executive leadership team. This position will be responsible for implementing tangible solutions and changes that demonstrate clear risk reduction for the AIG Executive Leadership Team. This position requires a deep understanding of security best practices and functions across the enterprise and the ability to translate technical security practices in a manner that is consumable by technology related personnel and business executives.
The ideal candidate is very detailed oriented with strong written and oral communication skills.
As a team member, you will be engaged with other team members across Technology Services and the Information Security Office at AIG.
* Review weekly monitoring and activity reports to identify and escalate anomalous or unusual behavior
* Understand Executive Leadership Team (ELT) utilization of technology and Senior Executive Support (SES) team responsibilities and translate to improved monitoring & awareness activities
* Identify and drive the ELT activity monitoring use cases for enhanced capabilities
* Coordinate with ISO teams, team and Executives to enhance the programs operational maturity
* Aid SES, IT, and ISO teams for temporary device provisioning coordination and process improvement
* Maintain social media security guidelines for SES to reference incorporating the latest platforms that ELTs utilize
* Collaborate with Threat Intel team to enhance the ability to track, report and identify travel to countries that pose a significant Cyber risk to the organization.
* Maintain Cyber Health Checkup checklists for workplace and home security controls
* Advise and assist the Threat Intel team with maintaining keyword lists and enhancing capabilities for monitoring executive social media activities and attacks
* Develop guidelines as the threat landscape changes to enable SES to secure ELT members, devices and processes
* Communicate enhanced access controls between workplace and SES to enable biometric authentication
* Coordinate training & awareness enhancements with ISO communications team
* Create and implement framework for collecting and reporting on security metrics and maturity levels to evaluate the effectiveness of current capabilities.
* Create and implement framework for reporting on security metrics that demonstrate risk reduction.
* Evaluate and improve processes to reduce cost and increase velocity of risk reductions.
* Create security project schedules and documentation as needed.
What we are looking for
* Ability to collaborate with the members of the Monitoring, Threat Intel, Incident Response and Senior Executive Support teams as necessary to improve processes, procedures and the overall maturity of the program
* Strong understanding of security weaknesses for various technologies including mobile devices, network access, and social media platforms
* Strong understanding of security monitoring and security controls
* Strong understanding of security circumvention tools and techniques targeting executives
* Understanding of how AIG layered security capabilities are designed and how they function.
* Ability to converse with technical security staff as well as business executives.
* Up to date knowledge of the security landscape pertaining to new technologies.
* Ability to positively influence the behavior of peers and build relationships with other teams.
* Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
* 4+ years of Information Security experience (may include relevant military or law enforcement experience)
* Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering preferred.
* Preference will be given to candidates with a combination of the above experience and education as well as CISSP, GIAC GSSP, and/or Security+
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.