Senior Search Architect
We have a Senior Search Architect position. The position is Permanent opportunity. Selected candidates must be willing to join at a short notice.
Qualified candidates should be willing to work at San Francisco - CA.
Must Have Skills:
* Relevant technical degree or equivalent with 12+ years' experience demonstrating capabilities within the areas of enterprise search, metadata, and taxonomy concepts/technologies.
* Experience developing and influencing technology roadmaps aligned to business capabilities.
* Content indexing (crawling - ETL) - Setting up indexing, retrieving, ranking heterogeneous datasets
* Enterprise search platform (e.g. SOLR - Elastic Search - LucidWorks - Sinequa - Attivio…)
* Strong and proven experience with Apache Solr, Lucene, Elastic Search, ZooKeeper, and Solr Cloud.
* Metadata, taxonomy, and ontology search integration
* Semantic framework basics (RDF -OWL - Triple Store)
* Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Taxonomy/Ontology platform knowledge (e.g. SmartLogic - SchemaLogic - Mondeca)
* Auto-tagging - auto-classification - entity extraction - NLP
* Software development experience with a highly-scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment that anticipate and manage scalability and performance problems.
* Strong programming experience in Java, multithreaded programming & other OOP languages
* Experience in implementing web services API, data contract with JSON, XML, CSV
* Solid understanding of consuming RESTful APIs
* Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
Job Roles / Responsibilities:
* Lead the effort to ensure that enterprise search architecture decisions support the business and IT strategy, and that the delivered architecture is compliant with relevant architecture standards, blueprints and roadmaps.
* Participate in architecture assessments & reviews either as lead reviewing architect or as an enterprise search subject matter expert in the review team.
* Provide architectural expertise and technical direction to system development and projects with respect to search and taxonomy technologies, platforms, and services.
* Define the overall enterprise search platform roadmap and drive its successful implementation.
* Define the overall infrastructure vision and roadmap and lead its successful implementation.
* Understand implications of IT architecture requirements to 'As-Is' architectures and define/update 'To-Be' architectures applying ServiceNow architecture guiding principles.
* Maintain a view of the current and future state (1-3 years) enterprise search architecture within a defined architecture focus on infrastructure and application development.
* Be accountable for driving solution evaluation and selection decisions, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
* Deliver competitive edge and insight through innovative data ingestion, NLP, data text-mining, content analytics, and information and data presentation technologies.
* Design, implement, and support a comprehensive set of enterprise metadata and taxonomy platform services.
* Continuously scan the technical landscape to identify ways to improve search relevance, accuracy, and overall user experience.
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
2 weeks of vacation and major holidays off.
Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement.
A professional, challenging environment as part of a world class talented team.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
We will only be able to respond to those candidates that most closely meet our criteria.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.