Job Number: 25776
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Informatica Cloud
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to fuel innovation, become more agile and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. Over the past 25 years, Informatica has helped more than 9,000 customers unleash the power of data.
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for ensuring high quality, including performance and scalability of industry leading Informatica' s next generation of Cloud platform and products. Engineers in the team are responsible for initiating and developing test strategy and test cases, managing documents, participating in reviews, developing automation including framework and developing flight plans for operations, timely reporting and verification of issues.
The platform employs microservices architecture to provide a plethora of rich services such as security, connectivity, metadata, administration, re-usable UI controls, with high performance and scalability. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
You will work with the world class engineers to test and deploy Informatica Cloud Platform and Data integration applications.
You will participate in the testing effort of Informatica Cloud Platform and DI Applications. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth. Your opinion will be sought out by product managers on many upcoming features. You will also help your immediate manager to evaluate risk factors in upcoming releases. You will develop test programs to ensure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency. There will be many opportunities to interact directly with Sales and Marketing groups and Customer support to understand market needs and incorporate those into product verifications.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. The broader team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using TestNG. The ideal candidate must have experience in leading a software testing team.
* Technically lead a team of engineers to ensure good quality releases of Informatica Cloud Products. Provides technical leadership, project leadership, and cross-team coordination for other team members for their projects
* Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review of Informatica Cloud product, one of the fastest growing integration products
* Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
* Designing and developing test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications. Reviewing the test plan of the team members and provide feedback. Identify cross component impact, communicate and enable other QA teams to improve test coverage.
* Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites
* Execute planned testing tasks and provide timely and accurate analysis of findings
* Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems
* Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
* Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
* Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
* Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
* Able to estimate and perform risk analysis for large features
* Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems). Deliverable reviews have few actions.
* Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
* Costs efforts, devises and meets project schedules
* Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time.
* Provide functional reviews in related areas of expertise.
* Mentors others involved in the same work. Consistently mentor junior engineers to improve their technical ability.
* Excellent understanding of Informatica's products in one component or area.
* Interacts with senior internal and external personnel. Able to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products. Interacts with and influences other groups on same product and cross product groups.
* Conducts technical interviews. Able to judge candidates' all-round suitability for a position.
* Conducts cross-department talks/demos. Provides help and answers to non R&D forums.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Organizes own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion. Manages larger projects. Understands and manages priorities. Receives little instruction on day to day work except for general instructions.
* Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team. Involved in discussions on strategic issues.
* Good attention to detail. Misses nothing, guides processes to timely conclusions in immediate work areas and checks with others for external impact.
* Highly motivated and committed to driving forward product direction. Capable of motivating/driving others.
* Organizes own activities well and can help organize the tasks of others on the team. Prioritizes tasks to ensure critical deliverables are completed in time. Can handle 1-2 large tasks as well as a handful of smaller issues at one time. Receives little instruction on day to day work except for general instructions.
* Suggests major enhancements to existing product that contributes to product goals.
* Shows maturity and responsibility for all aspects of job. Avoids conflict.
* Ensures high quality of all development work
* Identifying and developing advanced test framework to increase productivity and efficiency.
* Reviewing the automation of team members for coverage and quality.
* Test coverage planning, triaging and prioritizing issues and conducting project status meetings. Deciding strategy for functional tests, automation, stress and longevity tests and third-party tools certification.
* Verifying the team has done proper tests for verifying defects and analyzing side effects.
* Participating in technical enablement by giving demos of the product features
* Involving in urgent customer problems and use analytical skills as well as effective communication as tools to resolve the issues.
* Conducting technical interviews to judge candidates' all-round suitability for QA position.
* Keeping management well-informed and provides status across the organization.
* Suggests and makes improvements to existing development process. Proactively provides ideas and suggestions to improve all aspects of the development processes. Develops action plans to implement the new ideas and best practices.
* Good Programming skills in Java
* Your Qualifications
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree; advanced degree a plus
* 5+ years of experience in software testing or development using Java
* 2+ years of experience in leading test teams
* Experience in developing test cases by using TestNG/Selenium is a must
* Backend automation with tools such Eclipse, Maven (projects management), Java, REST-based framework
* Knowledge in testing Micro Service architecture in Sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
* Cloud technologies with experience in AWS /AZURE
* Knowledge on Chef deployment scripting
* Connectivity testing with Cloud Eco Systems is preferred with Salesforce, SAP, NetSuite, OData, Marketo, Workday
* Experience in performance testing is an added plus
* Testing experience with web based applications and relational databases
* Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows environments
* Strong knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
* Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
* Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
* Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies.
* Good working knowledge of Powercenter is a plus.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
* Must have a strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
* Must be self-starter with good communication & presentation skills in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking capabilities
* Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, unlimited flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It's an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior SDET, Informatica Cloud
At Informatica, We "DATA". We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
Informatica provides enterprise data integration software solutions and services for Oracle, PeopleSoft and Siebel environments.