RealNetworks is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer focused on Web Development for SAFR, our highly accurate, AI-based facial recognition platform at our Seattle headquarters in SODO.
This SDE will leverage expertise in HTML5, Java, and Spring to create front-end graphics, video- and interaction-rich web applications that interface with core computer vision services. This Developer joins a talented engineering team responsible for designing, developing, programming, documenting, analyzing, and testing of complex software applications based in machine learning.
This SDE will work specifically on front-end development of new features and applications, including
* Maintaining existing applications and refactoring/improving upon existing code;
* Working with our QA team to write and execute unit tests;
* Participating in and performing code reviews;
* Implementing coding assignments within estimates, providing proper documentation; and
* Providing accurate estimates of developer effort needed for the implementation of specific functional and non-functional requirements
Candidates must have a degree in a computer science or engineering-related field and professional experience in the field, including:
* 4+ years of experience designing and developing front-end web applications;
* 4+ years of experience designing and developing Java applications
* In-depth knowledge and experience with object-oriented principles, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms;
* Demonstrated ability to design modular, scalable, performant systems; and
* Strong understanding of usability designs in user facing applications
Our ideal candidate for this role will also have an advanced degree in a technology field and:
* Experience building RESTful APIs and web applications;
* Experience working in high transaction/high availability environments;
* Experience in threading, concurrency, performance optimization, and analyzing algorithms;
* Experience working with AWS and Mobile technologies;
* Experience with WebRTC; and
* Familiarity with Spring Boot, Spring WebFlux, Spring Security, and Spring Data.