JP Morgan Chase
Senior Scrum Master
Req #: 190046466
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Scrum Master you will act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative and enjoy working with passionate people. They are proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team.
* Work with the Product owner to align teams with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
* Facilitate groups of 30 or more, and coach multiple teams across the product
* Create an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
* Champion continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coach organization to conduct continuous improvements events
* Communicate organizational impediments to leadership; clear impediments for the team
* Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instill the same in the team(s) you coach
* Coach product owners in creation and maintenance of the product backlog including empirical planning
* Appreciate the depths of Lean and Agile practices and principles and help teams appreciate them
* Teach systems thinking and servant leadership
* Bring ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation and so on to help the team become a high-performance team
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise with Agile and Scrum Frameworks and their application in Product Development and delivery organization
* Ability to coach and mentor
* Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels
* Sound understanding of Scaling framework such as LeSS and various other Agile frameworks such as Kanban, XP
* Able to leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and more to serve the team(s)
* Possess an executive presence and ability to coach multiple teams across the product
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies
* Ability to leverage capabilities across the firm to solve local problems
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.