As a Sr. Scientist in the Cleaning Innovation Research and Development (R&D) group, you will be a part of a team responsible for driving nonwovens process technical discovery and developmental work for cleaning products including Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. You will help develop and scale up new processes from concept through development and manufacturing.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
Key Responsibilities :
* Lead, design and execute project work against Discovery and Charter objectives, leveraging deep consumer and process understanding.
* Develop deep understanding of the Cleaning business and category, helping R&D meet both margin and growth goals for the business.
* Collaborate closely with other functional areas involved in development, including Project Managers, cross-functional partners such as GI, Marketing, design, product and packaging development, suppliers, procurement and manufacturing.
* Proficiently identify, select and apply known technology from inside and outside sources (suppliers, experts, etc.) to deliver against consumer needs, create foundational understanding, and drive key business initiatives.
* Create prototypes to bring product solutions to life and test with consumers.
* Analyze and interpret data to drive technical understanding, meet project targets and objectives, problem solve, and make recommendations that drive efficiency, knowledge, and manage risk.
* Communicate effectively with teams and suppliers to convey project information.
Years and Types of Experience :
* 5 years of nonwovens or paper process development experience preferably in the consumer products industry.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
* Bachelor's or Master's in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
* Experience in Nonwovens Process Development preferably in consumer products industry.
* Broad and deep process development technical knowledge preferably focused on at least one of these areas: nonwovens converting, nonwovens fabrication, liquids scale up or materials.
* Industry experience with a major Consumer Packaged Goods company.
* Strong technical curiosity and creative problem solving skills with a record of innovative technical solutions implemented.
* Passion for the consumer. Ability to use empathy to understand and isolate consumer insights.
* Hands-on focus, sound technical judgment to influence team and business direction.
* Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills in a collaborative team environment both internal and external to Clorox.
More about Research & Development :
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products -- from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.
More about Clorox
At Clorox (NYSE: CLX), we build brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, have busy personal lives and are all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes and workplaces. Make your mark and help us drive growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer and professional brands, including:
* Brita® water-filtration products
* Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
* Fresh Step® cat litter
* Glad® bags, wraps and containers
* Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
* Kingsford® charcoal
* Liquid Plumr® clog removers
* Pine-Sol® cleaners
* RenewLife® digestive health products
* Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
* Clorox Healthcare® and CloroxPro™ Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts and included on CR Magazine's 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list, Barron's 2019 100 Most Sustainable Companies list, the Human Rights Campaign's 2018 Corporate Equality Index and the 2019 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, among others.
We also support our communities, contributing about $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing in fiscal year 2018.
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Clorox manufactures and markets consumer and professional products worldwide.