Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Scala Developer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We're looking for an experienced Software Developer who can help us design and build the next generation of products and features for Datto Saas Protection, to uphold our business continuity promise via Datto's suite of SaaS application backup products. Typically, projects include working with managing large-scale cloud-to-cloud data flows, leveraging third-party APIs (e.g., Google, Microsoft) and development of new product features and capabilities.
Datto is experiencing tremendous growth and looking to hire smart, talented and motivated software craftsman. Join an awesome company and be part of something special!
About the Datto Saas Protection (aka Backupify) Software team…
We're a cross-location engineering team who partner closely with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products. We speak many languages like Scala, PHP, Ruby, English, French, Korean and Mandarin to name a few, but what's most important is technical excellence agnostic of language. We embrace Agile principles and bring these values to work each day. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success, and we embody these values to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
* Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
* Independent, driven, creative, and likes to take ownership
* Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
* Willingness to learn and develop in Scala (experience not required but a huge plus!)
* 3+ years of experience in an object-oriented language such as Java or Scala
* Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms
* Experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL)
* Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
* Knowledge of the MVC Design Pattern
* Experience developing in a Linux environment
* Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP
* Experience with ElasticSearch (nice-to-have)
* Experience, or willingness to learn, to work with development frameworks (Akka, Symfony)
* Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
* Familiar with continuous integration and delivery
* Experience with agile development or are excited to learn
* B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
* Comprehensive health-care benefits
* Free lunch every Friday
* Flexible working hours
* Unlimited paid time off
* Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
* Fitness reimbursement
* Charity match program
* Transit subsidy in select cities
* Education reimbursement
* And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Datto is a company providing business continuity, networking, and business management solutions.